Update: Applications now closed.
Are you passionate about books and reading, have a knack for outstanding customer service and sales along with an interest in small business? We’re looking for a new bookseller to join our team!
The right candidate will have:
- 2+ years of retail experience and be accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment, particularly during the peak Christmas period. Bookselling experience is highly desirable but not essential.
- Exemplary customer service and communication skills. We are all about fostering a friendly, personalised experience for our customers. A good memory for names and faces is ideal!
- A firm knowledge of books and authors across genres with the ability to craft compelling recommendations. The right candidate will also be willing to learn and strengthen their knowledge across all categories.
- An interest in the workings of a small business. Our booksellers are all-rounders and do everything from processing stock and special orders, handling customer enquiries, window displays, cleaning, to banking and post-office runs. This is a hands-on position and not a behind-the-counter job.
- Be computer savvy and able to operate POS systems efficiently. Attention to detail is imperative.
16 – 28 hours available per week across a 7-day roster. Full availability required as we approach the summer season, including January. Immediate start required.
Because of the availability requirements, this position is not suitable to a school student. Please note that is also not a Christmas casual position: we are seeking a new Book Bird who is willing and able to stay on well into the new year, with the option to transition to permanent part-time for the right candidate.
Applicants must be fully vaccinated to be eligible for this position. Proof of vaccination will be required.
Please email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Applications close 4th November.